Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Thought For the DAy!

As I woke up today, obviously late in the afternoon, my sleep was disturbed by the glaring sunlight and the heat! Argh!! So I drag myself off bed, got down and urm laze around. Then it was time for lunch and I drove out with my dad and sis along. The weather had changed then, it was cloudy and windy.
Anyhow, while we were having lunch it began to rain heavily, pouring. As we were watching a woman walking slowly to her car under the pouring rain, my dad made a comment… He told us that he came across a magazine article (if he is not mistaken its reader’s digest) saying that it is scientifically proven that even if you walk or run under the rain, you would still get as wet. Is that true? Can I get opinions?
In my opinion, how can one be as wet if you walk or run? I mean would u be less wet if u run? By walking to a destination, it takes up more seconds, therefore you spend longer time under the rain, and then you would get more wet? Isn’t it like that? And the other way round happens, if you run towards your destination, it would take up less time… therefore you wont get as soaking wet as walking. So why this theory from reader’s digest? Anyone there to help me clear this up? Share ya point of view on this. For those who are interested le. I know some would think im too free to ponder on these kinda things, hey mayb I am bored or im just curious! =P
11th November 2005

No comments: