Friday, May 12, 2006

Orientation Night 5th May 2006


Another orientation night for the new intakes of Taylors’ College Petaling Jaya. This time the theme for the night is Beach Party. As usual we were asked to perform and we did an upbeat song called Babughi ( lol I dunno the actual spelling sorry if im wrong) wearing parios for once something colourful and bright instead of our usual black top. The event started at 7.30pm and the students mostly came casual but some dressed up very beachy, with wrap – arounds, some even with straw hats, surf shorts and slippers lol.
Our performance was the last as usual, closing performance. So most of the time we were just walking around nervously. What I was disappointed about was that I could not enjoy the food served! It was served from The School Of Hospitality and Tourism. The food looks good! I heard there were salmon, chocolate cakes, and lots more food. Reason why I did not eat? Well I was gonna perform and I cant possibly perform with a full stomach now can I?
The performances were, capoiera dance by some students, it’s the launching of the new capoiera club.( I wanna join), lucky draw, magic show, a dance competition ( minor one random dancing) and our performance. Sadly by the time our performance was up many people went back because it was too stuffy in the hall and I guess they were bored or their only intentions of coming were for the free food. Hmph. I was actually a bit disappointed with a friend of mine too. I was so glad he decided to come for the event after much persuasion but he did not stay for long. Half the time he was upstairs then I saw him going off with a few friends before my performance. Was disappointed he did not see my performance but oh well..it is his choice.. At least my other friend stayed for the whole thing no matter how boring the event was and I really appreciate it.
When we were up, the crowd was cheering like anything! They turned off the lights and the disco lights were on…whoa the effect.. The crowd was encouraging therefore we all felt good and I think we did well.. Then there was free dancing and the event ended.. Oh my friend managed to snatched me a goodie bag and whoa the things in there, coasters, two celcom starter kit, a mini portable radio also by celcom, some biscuits, biore men’s facial wash ( no use for me) hm that’s about it. Ooo Btw they were just handing out gifts halfway through the event and I manage to get a T-shirt and Ponds whitening cream…hehe ..eh I have to fight for it ok and was pushed badly by someone… but I got it!!
Then its Asia Café for dinner.. I was starving!! Then chilled for a while with the usual gang plus extra people, there were Vanessa, Nadeem, Sneha, Rad, Jason, Stuart, Charlene ( his gf), Jit, Melcom, Leon and me. After dinner I went back and knocked out.. Was darn tired.. Another day ended.
Tataz!






The students and the buffet table...

Group pic all in beach wear!

Group dinner at Asia Cafe

No comments: