Sunday, July 30, 2006

Scents : An Aphrodisiac





This is actually quite an unexpected event of the day. It started off normal with college, classes, the usual. I was actually feeling quite down and lonely that day till classes ended and I was joined up with Sneha and Leon. We went to pyramid for lunch and then for a movie, American Haunting. Well as we were having lunch, a salesperson approached us and managed to convince Sneha to buy a bottle of Gucci, envy me perfume at only RM50. Sounds like a good deal but we were unsure if it was the original one or not so after the movie we went to Parade to check out the original one.

It seems the same, so Sneha was happy but we ended up going around perfume shopping!! Hehe…. Pity Leon had to tag along and was sneezing his head off for he was allergic to some of the smells. We tested so many from Ralph Lauren, to Escada, to Hugo Boss, to CK lol all the brands and by the end of the day I was “scent” high!! We even tested out men’s perfume for gosh some smell great! For example Hugo Boss and CK Eternity! Gosh heaven!!! I sprayed some on Leon and hehe was sniffing him all day!!

Funny how a scent can relate you to someone. How once you smell a particular scent you remember a person. Reminds me of the movie I bought called Scent of a Woman by Al Pacino for my college assignment…lol…It’s something about how a blind retired lieutenant can tell a woman’s personality from the scent she was wearing. Whenever I smell a familiar scent, whether it is back at my home town or some place diff I would think of the same person wearing the scent. Scents remind you of people and so do songs that people relate it to another.

I was really “scent” high, was actually feeling all happy and cheerful the whole day. I have my eyes on the Ralph Lauren Cool perfume!! Its blue and red…gosh smells nice!! Now I know what to do when Im feeling down!!

No comments: