Thursday, November 23, 2006

~Muh First DAy at work~



For someone who has not work before, well not entirely at all...As in never been commited to a job for more then one month, and to finally be working should be excited...WELL I AM NOT! Blame it all on Taylor's College for putting our industrial training right after my semester end. I only got 3 freakin days to relax!!! WTH!!!Then it is work work and more work for 2 whole months and then right after that my final sem!!! Helooooo has anyone heard of a break?? I would like to get one here!!! Im not asking much but a week at least of holidays?!! sniff sniff...


SO as you would think...with that sort of mindset i went to work on Monday with GO International Group. A PR and events firm. Oh secondly i forgot to mention this, I had transportation problems...Yes yes i was a dumbass for not looking over that matter before i chose this place...oh well what is done is done.So I took a cab to work, got introduced to everyone...P/s everyone is hyperly friendly!!! I guess it is part of the PR world. Lol they even have developed their own way of spoken language. I would not say it is a fake accent coz it does not sound like it. Its more of a professional yet friendly manner... Im impressed...Would I be able to do that?!!!
*Noone is a born speaker, speakers are made.


So I was shocked when i saw the office of where i will be interning. It is on the top floor of a shoplot and on the top floor it is divided into half!! haha it is shared...Why, you may ask is the office so small, well i tell you now. GO international is a small sub company with Nova PR and also all the colleagues here have their main jobs elsewhere in bigger companies. This is their own company or as u can say more money. So here i am. On my first day I came into office at 10 and worked till 11.30pm!!! argh!!! haha there was a launch for "Smart and Mobile LEarning" with UM and NMC communications. Something about WIFI service for UM students, in their laptops, and phones and stuff..very technological advanced based. hehe not really my cup of tea. But i wont mind getting them for free!!!! My first day and i attended a black-tie event. Hehe!!!


All in all i have been doing a lot of PR related things. Calling the media, following up with them, doing media reports and media clippings, media evaluation and the usual, printing and scanning and also faxing.. but hey its been only 4 days!!! I remembered me yelling to my bf on monday how i DO NOT WANT TO WORK! I JUST WANNA BE A HOUSEWIFE AND ENJOY LIFE!!!!! hehe... I cant wake up early for nuts le!!! But then again after these 4 days its been getting better and better...I can come into office anytime i want. The last time i came in at 12!! and noone was in yet!! haha and i can leave anytime i want but of course around 6 to 7 le...people here are helpful and friendly!! I guess the only thing that was spoiling my mood was the transportation and also no break after a tiring sem!!!


4 days down, 1 month 26 days more to go!!! LOL wish me luck!!!!
~cheers~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it baby...!! Muaks!!!