Thursday, November 30, 2006

Unethical, blood sucking leeches!!!


You can't live with them, you can't live without them!! They know that and they are taking it to their advantage!!! Parking their cabs in one straight line making you happy thinking it's so easy to get public transportation. They even have a system on who takes the next customer all written out on the whiteboard!! Looks proper and decent eh?? Well they may be, to their fellow cab drivers but not to us! the innocent, poor passengers...


I was recently a victim of this scam!! I was forced to use cabs as my mode of transportation to work.(yes i was dumb enough to choose Damansara Kim as my internship placement). If it is not cabs then it would be KTM to KL Central then the LRT to Kelana Jaya then the 21A bus to Taman Tun then a "short" walking distance to my office! Joy. Therefore I decided to take the cab to work and this would be my second week doing so already.


My first experience, not being from KL and being innocent and ignorant i told the cab driver i wanted to go to Damansara Kim and the fella told me Rm 15 ( oh btw I am coming from Mentari Court in Sunway) so fine i took the cab. It turned out that fella does not know the directions!!! He called a dozen friends of his and even asked me for directions! Aren't you the cab driver?!! So finally I thought the place looks familiar and accidentally took him to the wrong place and for this after finally fetching me to my destination he told me for my mistake he is charging RM 20!! So fine i paid and went to my first day of work.

The following reasons that cab drivers give:-

1. No! no meter. This area all no meter.

2. Tak de takkan dapat taxi meter punya ( dun have, wont get taxi's with meters)

3. If i go there, that area wont have passengers, so when i come back no passengers so another RM 4

4. Pergi dan balik untuk saya. RM20 ( To and fro for me RM20)

5. ( if there are other passengers there) upon reaching destination, extra charge of RM2, RM0.50 mesti tambah untuk setiap orang ( extra 50 sens for each passengers!)

6. **8$%$#^&** *slams door and drives off*

7. Takes me around the world, pass a few tolls, asks me to pay for all of them!!

8. With the mention of the word meter, ignored me, continues reading newspapers and ask the other taxi drivers to not fetch me!!


Are cab drivers now the "kings" of the roads?!! What's a meter for? A shiny device made to suck money from the government to decorate their cars?! What is the government doing to prevent these acts? Where is their attention focused at? Helping the Mat rempits?!! Adopting them?!!( refer to kennysia.com on detailed info on the article)

From all the experience, I became smarter and insisted only on using the meter. This does not mean that I do not receive the same harsh comments but i do get some honest and honorable cab drivers. Kudos to them. When i got in they immediately pressed start and when i reached my destination what's stated on the meter would be the amount they charge me and it would only be RM9.40 to RM9.80!! Oh my fre**kin Gosh!! And the first time was RM20!! Cab drivers!! Extra chargeed plus attitude what a nice way to begin a morning!

I hope that all cab drivers who do not use meters will suffer in their business and only till they use meters will their business prosper!
With love from me!! =)


2 comments:

Wai Ling said...

I hear you, manda. Well, best is always insist on metered cabs. Yeah. sometimes cab drivers are dumb. once i took one to KL convention center and the guy didnt even know where it is.

Yours truly said...

Amen to that!!! haha