Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Live band n open mike session @ La Bodega


I was lucky enough to be invited for this event for if not so i would not have realised it existed, being the naive person i am. My friend Izham was performing for the open mike show and my college lecturer Mr Azmyl was also performing therefore I went to support them. It was mainly Indie music( i think thats how u spell it) and there were like 11 open mike shows and 5 guest performances. These guest performances, most of them have their own album already and some are damn good!

The ambience of the bar was great too as you can see in the pictures. It was very cozy and comfy as we laid back to listen to the performances. I solute them for having the guts and the talent to write and play their own music. Lol wished i was that talented. Look at how easily i gave up my guitar...hm i must continue playing it. Nway waited for my friend's performance and i was shocked to see how well he can sing, and i love my lecturer's performance! damn funny!! great guy!! I'm so proud hehe...

I loved the great experience. Made me appreciate local music more for there is raw talent going on there. There is this music cd called voices of malaysia ( if im not mistaken) go get it!! support them. I also fell in love with this guy's music, his name is Kevin Teh and he is damn good. Buy his album! Great songs... He sound a little like Alex Band! Oh well there is a next event coming up somewhere in early September and it would be their last at La Bodega for some "stupid" fella is turning it into a Steamboat Restaurant! wth!!! Oh well i wanna go and i wanna go for future events too so people, tell me if you know any!!!

-Support your local Artists-


No comments: